Pages

Friday 24 March 2017

My Letter To Freyberg.

Dear Anonymous Writer,    


I don’t know who, I don’t know why but you are VERY DISRESPECTFUL. I felt very confused because someone like you would actually send a THREATENING letter to me. Firstly, I don’t see why you think Archie was a traitor. Secondly, If you knew Archie well, you’d know that he wasn’t a traitor and that he just didn’t like war because he didn’t like to kill people and gaze at them while they suffer. That’s why he didn’t want to go to war. Also, that doesn’t mean that he was the traitor. You shouldn’t be sending nasty letters to people because you don’t know how it feels to get hurt by reading a really disrespectful letter that someone rude has sent.


There is nothing wrong with being a PACIFIST!!! Archibald Baxter was a great, strong man. Yes, Archibald Baxter was against war but that doesn’t mean he was the worst person you knew.  I’m a great young man, and I believe in myself. What if this threatening letter got sent to you? What if you felt bad about yourself? Not everyone is perfect you know. You’re such a disrespectful person and I don’t like your personality.


Archie had to survive all these miserable days and weeks on a pole with his hands tied up behind his back. By the way, He isn’t a traitor, He just didn’t think war was the best thing to do, and you can’t force people to fight in war.  Being anti-war is alright. You can’t judge him just because you can’t believe in strong people.


I feel so confused right now. Seeing this threatening letter and wondering why you hate my hero. I don’t see why you hate my hero though. Everyone has different thoughts. You should treat people right, just like how you want to be treated. If you don’t like the way people are don’t JUDGE  because you aren’t PERFECT.

From: Matt Turner

This term Rm 2 have been reading An Unexpected hero. We had to write a letter back to Freyberg.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Journey,
    I'm impressed with the passion that comes through your writing. I like the way you used capital letters to help your writing. Remember that one ! is enough.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.